Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's this all about?

I am not a writer.

However, my beautiful wife is and she has inspired me to write as well.  My wife has already done two blogs and they are always funny, witty, and sometimes even thought provoking.  To me its clear that she not only loves to write, but she is an amazing story teller.  Being a history teacher, telling stories is part of my job but I cannot compete with the story telling of my wife. That being said from time to time (largely due to interesting interactions with students), I think that I have a few gems to share.  I only hope is that I can entertain her half as much as she entertains me.

I have no set theme for this blog.  As you may have already concluded, some of my writing will be ridiculous converations with students (their identities protected...of course).  Those that know me, already know that there are times when I feel it necessary to rant about a particular subject, so this may also serve as my vehicle for that as well.  Regardless, I hope that you may find some of my writing even mildly amusing or at least 5 minute break from scouring over Facebook or Twitter.  Who knows, perhaps in the end I may even become a writer.

Cheers

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. Good start. Don't get caught up on "what direction should my blog have." Just write and share ideas. It'll eventually have it's own identity and that makes it the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Katie is an awesome blogger. She'll lead you down the path young Jedi. Before too long this family will own planet Blogosphere. Where is that in our galaxy anyway?

    ReplyDelete